Montana Malarkey-Kessler (Kyoto)
Onions, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, broccolini, celery, mushrooms, squash, pumpkin, snow peas, cauliflower, spinach, kale, chickpeas, green peas, green beans, lentils, eggplant, etc. Anything you’ve got!
Curry powder, tumeric, coriander, cardamom, salt, pepper, chilli/sriracha, alcohol (white wine or mirin) for basic curry; garlic, ginger, lemon/lime, tamarind, fish sauce, red/yellow/green curry paste for fancier versions.
Coconut milk, veggie broth/stock, water.
Chicken, tofu, fish/shellfish.
- Sauté onions, carrots, peppers, garlic (all your aromatics!) and let sweat.
- Deglaze with alcohol, and add tomatoes and spices once water is released. Mix.
- Add coconut milk and chilli/sriracha. Season to taste and add other veggies (if using leafy greens, [[i]]do not[[i]] add yet).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer once veggies are cooked. Add a splash of alcohol and season to taste (if using leafy greens add now, serve when they have wilted to your liking).
- For a lighter curry, cut coconut milk with broth or water (1 to 1)
- If using protein, fry in the same pan, remove, and deglaze before Step 1, and re-add in Step 5
- For hot & sour, use chilli & tamarind paste
- For fancy serving, garnish with lemon or lime wedge and cilantro